Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Sushi Sandwich & Hotdog - Hot Cross Buns

















I passed by Hot Cross Buns this morning. There weren't much customers around so i dropped by to buy something for breakfast. I am suffering from early morning depression lately on deciding where to eat. Please help me.


















There were few options available at such a time as the pastries , buns were still in the process of steaming inside the oven. I got myself a packet of sandwich from the shelves as it was the first noticeable item as i entered the pastry shop. I was clearly one of the early birds as the sandwiches were yet to be labelled and tagged. It retails for RM3.00 per packet and one of the malay staff politely told me that it's called the Sushi Sandwich & Hotdog . Well, who doesn't know it's sandwich anyway right? lol. Ehem.

















I was attracted first by the presentation of it's sandwiches. It's just another stunningly put together piece of sandwich with the pandan bread in the middle sandwiched by 2 slices of sandwiches ( yes, i know i had overused the word sandwich , oops i did it again ). It's neat and i had to give Hot Cross Bun's props.

















There's the sushi sandwich ( again ), up close. I am confused with the term sushi as it normally meant rice with seaweed right? There were no hints of any rice at all in this few slices of cylindrically shaped bread.

















I've seen much of these before.....( in japanese educational films/cookery ;) ) but not at a pastry shop. ( Excuse my lame jokes ) I couldn't help to devour this suggestive yet delicious looking bread~ up. It tasted surprisingly nice to be honest, much better than what i had expected. The bread is fresh and soft. It's what a proper sandwich should be.

















The edible seaweed is wrapped alongside the thin layer of eggs and there's bits & pieces of those artificial prawn & crab meats which you would normally find in any coldstorage store. The mayo serves as a great compliment when mix together with the sausages.

















The pandan sandwich and a rather disturbing yogurt-liked substance on top of it. ;P . We never know what the secret ingredients are.

















I really was taken aback by how delicious the sushi-sandwiches were. It's a must try for bread lovers.

1 comment:

adamkuek said...

Sophia: 0 - 100 yrs old? lol. In malaysia, we dun really have folks who live that long. The malay staff told me it was called sushi sandwich & hotdog. wasn't a really nice combination of words there dun u think so? I guess she made that up herself just to impress me. j/k .

* i know ur hungry. .... soon will be even more.