Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Passing Away...

I received a phone call from my dad that one of my relative just passed away at the grand old age of 81. I'll be going to his funeral scheduled on the 3rd of August.

To be honest, i would not be attending had it was someone's else. ( of cause ). It's just that this particular old chap used to be the person who took care of me and my bros whenever we were send to his place by my parents. We had fun way back when we were kids, how time has gone by. So, i will be there to say thanks & goodbye.

Anyways, i found out that he had contracted colon cancer the end of last month and my dad had to flew back from Singapore just to, sort of, meet up with him... for the first time since Chinese New Year this year.

The last time would be on the 3rd of August. Exactly at 1PM noon time.


I did met up with his son, Ah Kiong yesterday and i was told that he left us all at 7.20AM in the morning. Prior to his demise, he had asked his son to bring him over to the washroom and after he had finished with his nature call. ( thats how i call it ), he sat on the sofa and peacefully took his last breath and left with GOD.

It's probably something good for them all as he did not suffer much. He was placed on his bed and i am probably one of the 1st few who meet him.

My dad had always told me that, their soul would linger around and greet us although it's impossible for him to communicate with us as he was no longer breathing....

I certainly felt his presence around us, trying to communicate with us, trying hard to greet us all until something extraordinary or in my words special happened.

While we were talking about past happenings, my dad and i were both sitting facing the master bedroom of once where he slept, out of a sudden, there was a tap on the handle of it's door and i swear that the door did slowly open by itself. Nobody was inside the room.

None of the people there noticed it except for my family.... by then we knew he was trying to get our attention. Probably saying Hello to us.... :)

No comments: