Sunday, February 24, 2008

You were the reason i waited

I waited but you never came back.


I woke up to a familiar voice this morning,
I know my ears were playing a fool with me,
The pillows beside were left untouched,
I refused to believe but warmth surrounded me.

It's been so long since you return,
Didn't you know i live my days waiting,
And the end of days hoping to see you once more.

In time, the pictures on my cupboard changes,
The flowers along my window wilted,
For every second that ticks away, my mind grows tired,
With every day that passes, my heart aches.

It's been so long yet you haven't return,
Maybe you should know, sometimes i hesitate,
If i should end this wait,
But i never could , until it's too late.

At times, the raindrops beats heavily on my window,
And sometimes it softly drizzles down,
For every memories that evaporates as day passes,
I know my memories of you shall return like raindrops.

Maybe i've to accept you never will return,
If so , could we just meet in our next life,
So i shall tell you that this life,
Was as worthwhile as the wait i had in my last.


-adamkuek- 23-02-2008

No comments: