Tuesday, February 26, 2008

A Love's Decay

I'm not there, but my soul is,
Were these words as easy to say than done?
It was the words of yours i should have missed,
For the heartbeat i felt all these while isn't two , but one.

Maybe i have yet to open that door ,
The door of my heart for your presence,
I regretted that i can't, but never i won't,
It isn't that i didn't , but because my heart has none.

You told me you needed time,
And you insist you were always by my side,
But i thought at the end i was a little too kind,
To know it's all lies, yet accepting you were right.

Dare i think of the hours before we part,
Watching each of love's gradual decay,
I chose to be a fool instead, even if i'm smart,
To have made a promise when love falls, never shall i sway.

I slowly realized of all these,
Never existed either love or fate,
I've learnt in this, neither music had ever swell your soul,
Nor the rhythm of my heartbeat existed in yours.

I may have deceived others all the way,
To say i'm fine and it's ok,
Leaving my soul to conceal the pain,
Of an endless and unceasing heartache that i couldn't share.


-adamkuek-28-02-2008-