Tuesday, February 26, 2008

A love that wasn't mine

Fireworks lit up the sky on this chilly night,
Wouldn't it be perfect without it?
It's a shame it isn't you and me watching it,
But instead, your new found memories by your side.

You may have the cold wind as an excuse for his warmth,
Or the sparkling stars to gaze at from his shoulders,
At this moment, i tried every single way to be glad,
But what's left, is my coat that you once took sheltered from.

The clock strucks twelve and all i could do is sighed,
Why do everyone around me smiles?
I never believe that we have parted ways,
While we are still living under the same sky.

The stars above breaks a smile,
As you gaze into his eyes,
But mine was only a disguise,
Like shattered glass, it reminded me of your lies.

I didn't had the chance to say goodbye,
As for now, it might mean nothing to you,
Maybe it's better to end this way,
If somehow, you felt that way too.


-adamkuek- 25-02-2008-

No comments: