Monday, September 04, 2006

Pasta E Pizza @ Fratini

















Fratini's Restaurant
is an authentic Italian restaurant located around Boulevard Commercial Centre in Miri. The place is partly owned by a chinese guy ( please do correct me ) whose daughter occasionally visits my blog. This restaurant has been operating for quite some time and the last time i was here was during my bro's birthday.

















We dropped by early to check out the items on promotion and there were 50% off for all pasta & pizzas. We made the reservation for 5 during noon. Fratini has outdoor seating arrangement for patrons who would like to have a smoke.

















There's even a standalone menu just in front of the entrance promoting it's various dish. I didn't had the time to look through as was in a rush for my football training.

















We arrived around 9.00PM as stated in the reservation book. The interior of Fratini is nicely done with alot of woodbase furniture in it. The lights are subdued in a cozy manner. Funny i didn't saw any Italian flags around..

















..or probably momentos of the current World Cup Champion. Italia. There weren't many patrons around as i guess most of them are still in Kuching witnessing the grand parade. My guess.

















The red-coloured sofa mounted against the wall does a great job in restricting any kind of movements during dining. Lol. We got ourselve one of it in the middle.

















From the small enclosure, we have a really good view of the patron's there. I noticed one of my football friend with his mates having a cup of tea.

















Preserved chilli's and oranges shoved inside a bottle adds to the decor.

















The condiments are placed neatly and the mood around Fratini is good.

















The Fratini Pasta & Pizza Menu. We ordered a different main each so we can try the various meal on promo.

















The list of pasta's & pizzas which were on discount that day. I should had just went through this instead of browsing through the main menu.

















The person in charge of our table was friendly and she's a Malay. Hmm.... suites Patrick Wu though. I didnt got her name though.

















The meal started with the Pizza Hawaiana which my mum ordered. It is described as "pizza baked with tomato sauce , grated cheese , diced pineapple and chicken pastrimi" . It's authentic pizza this, the thin layered bread and much more aromatic herbs and spices used are the main difference between Italian and American pizzas.

















I orderd a la carte . I got myself a plate of Linguine Ai Frutti Di Mare which is a plate of flat pasta served with assorted mix seafood, garlic, chili ( hmm.. somehow it tasted more like tomato to me ), fresh herb and oh ya... tomato sauce. ;P

















I really enjoy looking at the mussels , what more to say devour it . Tsk tsk..

















My bro helped himself with a plate of Fettucine Carbonara. I liked the name of it. Carbonara comes with a plate of italian noodles tossed in creamy ( ;p ) sauce, parmesan cheese, egg yolk and a choice of beef rashes or chicken meat. My bro preferred the much more tasty beef rashes.

















The herbs and spices were strong on this meal. I had a nib and i can say it's rich and creamy, with a lingering aftertaste. Not those pungent type... like what most sick ppl think ya. ( yes, i am talking about PWIII - Prince Wanker III ).

















Next Benjamin got himself a Del Macelliao which contains "tomato sauce, grated cheese, beef rashes, pepperoni, chicken sausage ( i never knew chicken got sausages too. ) , beef salami , chicken pastrami and also a generous amount of minced beef. It tasted quite similar to the Pizza Hawaiana.

















Behold!! The best pizza of the day goes to the Ai Frutti Di Mare. It is basically a pizza filled with all kinds of seafood . Green mussels, squid, baby clams and prawn tails just to name a few. I enjoyed this pizza the most out of the 3.

















Fratini's
pizza & pasta comes highly recommended from me and my family. The ambience is nice, cozy and the service is superb. I give the cheers for authentic Italian food.

No comments: