Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Ah Wei Cha Kueh @ Chung Kiew Cafe

















This is Boulevard Cafe which by common sense ,is located in Boulevard Commercial Centre. I usually refer this eating establishment as Chung Kiew cafe but somehow, while i was there few days ago, i did noticed the uncharacteristic signboard.

















I went there with my mates as they were thirsty. I wanted to try out the famous " Ting Piang Hu " dish but was somewhat disappointed as the stall were not operating during tuesday night. For those which are so inclined , " Ting Piang Hu " is a foochow meal, somekind of soup base food with thin white layers of milky flour extracts all jumble up together. I really need someone to help me describe this.


















Since the noodle stall wasn't operating, i opted for the hawker-liked stall outside of it's premises. It's called the " Ah Wei Cha Kueh " stall. It's manned by 2 ladies around the mid - 40 range. Yes, they are married. I have heard nothing, but good reviews about this tiny stall. They produce good cha kueh's.

















Hmmm... ( i am sure you're bored of looking at them, better take more pics of other friends.. ). Ben didn't ordered anything as he was on diet. Such a wussy.

















Yvonne Voon. Back from Canada not long ago. Say hello to her... Oh ya she paid for our drinks too.

















Ah Wei Cha Kueh stalls flagship dish.... the cha kueh. I ordered a plate for 4 but then Yvonne didnt ate it as she was recovering from a fall. Allergy to eggs as an excuse. Bleh..

















RM6.00 . Its sweet. I have tasted much better cha kueh's than this but it's still good. The additional bean sprouts added on the cha kueh are base on my request.

6 comments:

Somebody said...

mmm...i missed food from MIRI!!

Anonymous said...

CHIEW LEE! u everyday look at those food?? haha. Adam is bad. everyday post nice food make me hungry too~

Somebody said...

haha...why shout out my name...=P

Anonymous said...

hehe why cannot shout ur name?? nvm, we go back miri nge nge eat. blame Adam if we got fat!

Somebody said...

haha..ok!eat..EAT and EATTT!!

adamkuek said...

no...please no...