Thursday, June 22, 2006

Xuan Court Review















" Hai Shang Guan " which also means Sea's court was up and running few months ago, i could not remember. I did not understand instead of having Sea court as it's original name, they opted for something more spectacular.... XUAN Court. What the heck is that? Xuan Court is located at Krokop 1, beneath Miri Yuanji Health Centre. ( see pics )

Anyways , i went there for lunch today because i have to met up with my mum.















There weren't many people around, so it was definitely more cooling and relaxing too.







* Pat and Adol sharing a light moment together.







Patrick and my bro Adolphus were already there when i arrived. They had even finished their meal. I thought they were supposed to wait for me. How times have changed.... the younger ones do not respect the older ones. It's a fact.















Few things about this eatery really took me by surprised. The decorations on the wall, on top of the ceiling and nearly everywhere was an utter disappointment. Some may call it Inspiration, I on the other hand call it....a DISAPPOINTMENT.

There were lanterns hanging all over the place, and few spiralling type of lightings near the payment counter. I wasn't impressed with the overall presentation of this eating establishment despite boasting JOTUN's Red and Orange paint. It certainly does make you feel like they are supporting Spain.















Luckily, the dish served was way better than the outlook of the cafe. I got myself a plate of " Gong Bao Fish Rice " . It's slices of fish being cooked alongside dried chilis , spring onions and onions. It tasted sweet and spicy. The fish was fresh , which was a positive thing. The rice was okay too.















Here's a close up of how a plate of authentic " Gong Bao Fish Rice " looks like. For RM3.50 , it's worth trying.















Best having it during cold weather as the effects of it's dry chili does kick in whenever you have a bite on it. ( Don't Swallow ). I rate it an acceptable 7.5 /10 .

No comments: