Monday, June 19, 2006

Golden Pot Restaurant Review















Golden Pot Restaurant has such an attention-grabbing name that i feel it's a must to patronised that place. The first thing that came into my mind was GOLD COINS, FREAKING LOTS OF IT....















It's situated near the mouth of Miri's river... I have nothing positive to say about Miri's river apart from having crabs residing along the river bank. Folks who had been to Everise Supermarket will know it's whereabouts. It's right at it's opposite.















I decided to check it out with few of my friends late saturday. This signage outside the cafe did caught my attention. Coincidentally, i was wearing a football jersey of the France National Team, and this waitress cunningly smartly took advantage of me that she suggest i tried out it's latest meal........ The France Style .. Bacon & Ham Fried Rice. I swear i didn't saw the fried rice , if i did, i would not have ordered.

and RM6.00, it's surely something special i thought.















Golden Pot Restaurant has air conditioned indoor seating arrangment as well as dining areas outside it's establishment for smokers. It has a very nice ambience, the decorations were simple yet calming. I prefer cafe's who decorates less, too much is no good. The tables and seats arre arranged nicely and so are the blinds. Lol.















On my right, is Ben. Seriously, on my right is a small gateway to a tranquil eating experience. The management decided the best way for patrons to relax while eating is to listen to the splash of water against the wall. That's so ingenious. I wouldn't want a tuxedoed up me to get wet sitting next to it.















I got myself a plate of... Yes, the France Style Bacon and Ham Fried Rice. Upon arrival of the dish, i was confused..... I called for the waitress just to make sure it was A France Style Bacon & Ham Fried Rice. Man... it looked so.... ordinary. For Rm6.00 it was probably a ripped off. I am slaughtered.















The dish comes with a little bowl of soup with a very questionable kind of vege/herb sprinkled onto it. I didnt like the soup to be honest, it smelled like..... semen, Animal Semen!!! ARGH!!!















That's how my "FRANCE STYLE" fried rice looks like. For RM 6.00.... :( . I didnt really enjoyed it.















Ironically, my gf really does enjoy fried rice. It really did reminded me of her while eating fried rice. She's coming back on the same day i am eating this.















A close up view of the fried rice. It has a mixture of green peas, cut up carrots, corns which really did look like the usual stuff i eat at home but WITH, i repeat WITH bacon and ham. It took me 1 hour to finish 3/8 of it. It wasn't the quality of the food that took me so long, it was the PRICE of the food. ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If only there was a show dat says..

Dude!! you got CONNED!!

howeve the steamboat is nice la..

adamkuek said...

u tried the steamboat?