Monday, June 12, 2006

Jack & Anne's Nite at Mega Hotel

9th of June was a couple's special day. It was Jack and Anne's wedding dinner at Mega Hotel.





* Jack or Tack & Anne? Printing error i assume.







and i was there. I aint related whatsoever with both of em but still, thanks to some people who are anti-social, they in turn let me have their seats.

I don't really enjoy turning up for wedding dinners or any grand openings to be honest with you.
What really gets on my nerves the most is how we need to wait for the so-called VIPS to arrived half an hour late. I am a busybody man i tell you, so it's not unusual that i also arrived late.





* This is how everybody looked that nite while waiting for the bride and bridegroom. The "Mahai-who-are-those-ppl-who-make-us-wait" look.


The dinner was supposed to start at 7.00Pm SHARP. I came 20 minutes late. My relatives did not look impressed ( except for my grandma though ).






* Camwhores








Surprisingly, Adrian Tiong was there too. So, i sat beside him. Kenny Wong was there too. So, i asked Adrian to sit beside him as he like to talk..... and i don't talk too much unfortunately.














The first thing i did was to browse through the menu. Hmmm.... very ordinary indeed but whocares, i am a freeloader and anything goes.




* My cousin Allen Tay and his wife seemingly distracted by something or someone. Maybe those China girls from Skycity?






Another 15 mins had passed and the couples have yet to appear. Tiew... everybody Pekchek. I felt hungry. My usual dining time would be around 6.30Pm the latest and my watch shows it has reached 7.55Pm. I felt damn tulan and damn hungry.




* Miri's Hungry ghosts..









So i took few snaps on those who went there. I guess half of the residents in Miri were there and 101% of them are Chinese. So it made me wonder why they had to do it in Mega Hotel where it's Halal? Why not opt for Non-Halal places like Kokchee Restaurant instead?

Adam: Why all chinese and yet Mega Hotel?
Adrian: Cause this couple know lotsa ppl ma... so need bigger space lar. Kokchee damn small o.
Adam: Why don't choose Indoor Stadium then? I went to a person's wedding once there.
Adrian: They are not Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's wedding dinner lar. No need so big.

Damn tulan again knowing that no more PORK to eat. I've been eating Garbage Carbage and Long Beans lately cause no budget liaw after buying my new Sony Dsc - T30.



* My new Sony Dsc - T30 . Promote Promote.







Alright, back to what i am supposed to say. Whilst waiting, suddenly the lights went out!!! My gayish cousin Adrian Tiong yelled the sh*t out cause he thought Mega Hotel kenak terrorist bomb. I assured him that it was nothing more but just the entrance theme/song or whatever you wanna call it ( as long as it makes you happy) of the couple.















To my surprise, the entrance theme was not of the usual boring wedding theme. No no, it wasn't 5ive's "when the lights go out" song either. It was the tune of those lion dance drums and cymbals. Respect.














Wahlaoeh, 2007's Chinese New Year celebration just brought forward earlier than expected. There were lion troupes around weeving and dancing their way down the red carpet. The clowns weren't around , but the couples were.














The 6 units of lion dance did a good job of making a mockery out of themselves and entertaining the kids, but i wasn't impressed. Next time, my wedding.... no lion dance, i want to see The Pussycat Dolls dance instead.




* 4 hrs there, i still had yet to know their surname.








The routined wedding dinner where the couples were introduced at the stage. The bride and bridegroom acting paiseh ( shy ) as they wave here and there like they know everyone which i seriously doubt so.

It was planned properly the whole event, the emcee did not disappoint me apart from having bits and pieces of dim sum stuck between her teeth. The introduction was short, too short to my liking but then, short is good when each of us are hungry.














Alas, the moment that i've been waiting for. The Gourmet Five Hot & Cold dish. I apologize for the lack of quality of my pictures here as i was busy munching on the dim sums , sea weed, jellyfish, prawn etc etc while taking the pictures.














A close up of the dim sum i just mentioned, and oh ya, that's the dim sum which got stuck between the emcee's teeth too. The dim sum measures not bigger than 3" and it tasted great with crab and prawn meat stuffed inside.














An example of how big a really tasty dim should be.














Here's another popular dish call the Shark Fin Soup. I still prefer the one from Kokchee Restaurant. But any shark fin soup served is worth to consume.














The Twin Flavours Fresh Water Fish was the most disappointing dish at the wedding dinner. It was probably the worst line up i ever came across. Not only does the gravy tasted too salty, the fish looked like it's been hanging around the freezer for quite some time. I had a spoonful of it and that was it. The decorations was nice i had to admit.














The dishes came in fast and went out even faster as the 12 of us treat the entire dinner like we were at NAM. We left none behind... til we got interupted by the emcee ( with the dim sum between her teeth ) who promptly invited the guests to give a standing ovation to the couples as the bridegroom pour wine onto few carefully stacked up glasses.














We all stood up and waited.....














...for Mr Jack here to opened the cock of the bottle. We all stood there for quite some time ( probably around 5 mins ) staring at Mr Jack's bottle wanking opening skills...














He clearly had difficulties opening it. I didn't know which sia-soi bin yelled out : " Help him with the cock Anne!!! " ... , I just wonder why all my relatives and the guest next table looked at me in disbelief and shooked their heads.














Lucikly, Anne heard it and she did lend a helping hand to Mr Jack else, we will still be standing there like idiots with a glass of wine. They looked so happy in this picture and one could imagine what is up their heads this time.














Jack & Anne's parents, without them they won't be here. They do have one thing in common though,....... each of them got laid on their wedding nite. LOL. Anyways, i don't intend to flame anyone here. So if it happened that the people above are your relatives, i apologize first la ok?

We were still busy dining , enjoying every minute of it... til this ol' ah mu from nowhere provided us with some serious entertainment. The emcee told us that she was the new Teresa Teng. I am very sceptical of it.














The so-called Teresa Teng sang " I Love China " and left us all overwhelmed.. have a look at the video below, enjoy.


















..... no wonder many left early.