Sunday, January 20, 2008

In this sleep, theres a song

Even if we started out first as a misunderstanding, why should it end with one too?


There's a song which is echoing in my ear,
I tried to open my eyes, but i couldn't,
I tried to open my mouth, but there's no sound,
I clenched my fist, tears slowly dropping down,

You keep on asking the title of this song in my sleep,
You turned away as i told you it's a secret,
Why did you act in such a way when things don't go your way,
Why didn't you chose to know the contents instead?

In this dream, i have walked too far,
Further than my legs could carry me,
I refused to look back from where i'm standing,
because i know that's what loneliness awaits.

You entered my life with that everlasting smile,
You laid on my shoulders whenever you're down,
Why did you did all that when you know it will all end,
Why didn't you chose to say goodbye first instead?

From this sleep, your voice is fading eventually,
The pictures of you which i'm holding is slowing wearing out,
I promised myself not to whisper your name when i'm awake,
I promised myself not to take the path you took when you left.

You might be counting your time backwards in life,
You might be wishing i am doing the same,
Why did you start bringing hope when there's actually none,
Why didn't you just spare and treasure the good times behind instead.

In this sleep tears are starting to form like crossroads,
But the tears that betrayed me once refused to fall down straight this time,
It's freezing up as i've find it hard to open my eyes,
Please let me do so, please let me go,
Then this frozen tears could dissipate...
For me to see you again ......at least.


-adamkuek- 21-01-2008

No comments: