Tuesday, January 22, 2008

From the shore of sadness

For the girl i knew back then, fate brought us so far, It's up to us to make it happen. Did you remember that?


It is said that happiness awaits at the other side,
Sadness dwells within our hearts like the dark clouds above,
The reason that we met is because of fate,
Until today, i refused to give up on that.

Time has painfully drifted by,
The footprints that we left once are now washed away,
The scent of yours are replaced by the dandelions that sways,
Leaving long lasting memories of you and me.

Whenever the wind blows before sunsets,
I feel your presence in the distance,
If you were to come back again,
I will still love you again.

My world shattered like a broken glass the day you left,
Constantly leaving me with a painful wound,
How could it be healed within an instance,
When the only person who could melt it back has left.

In your absence, this shore i am standing on keeps me hoping,
Every breath i take is still awaiting your return,
In truth, i've never could have come this far,
I wouldn't if the shattered memories never float back.

Funny how in this cruel and suffocating world,
Could be easily transformed into heaven by a single person,
If you were to come back again,
I will not let you go again.

Watching the dragonfly in the air,
It seems as if it has lost it's way,
I promised to erase the moments we had before you left,
But for you, i'll rather live my life with all the bruises till death,
If i really had to.

- adamkuek - 23-01-2008-

No comments: