Thursday, November 29, 2007

The wooden bridge of you and me

The same walls that shut others out, is the same wall that shuts you in.

This articles is written for a great friend of mine and she knows it. Inspiration doesn't come easily. Lol.



A forlorn figure passed by this bridge,
the water lilies reminded him of the past,
Reflections of her begins to appear in the water,
only to dissipate as the cloud swallows up the rays from the sun.

For a moment in time, he thought it was to be,
Reality sunks in as he ventured further forward,
Not far, dry leaves covered the carvings on the wooden bridge,
Hiding the promises we made from the world,

Picking up the fragments slowly searching for the writings to no avail,
Every second that passes seem like a cut deeper ,
Has the wooden bridge too given up hope,
or has it concealed the truth from me.

Like our feelings all these years,
The carvings faded gradually as time passes,
Leaving behind nothing but a new beginning,
Whispering to myself, Shall i still wait for my yearning?

The wind breezing against my cheek,
The scent of your hair still lingers everytime i close my eyes,
On the verge of letting go of the past i had wished,
Only to retreat from it the moment i open my eyes,

Why has the leaves not fallen in this breeze?
Is it destined for me to live my life hoping,
For the moment you appear in the morning mist,
Eventhough i knew all along you won't be coming.

Two birds perching from above,
Smiling to myself as it reminded me of our embrace,
Forcing myself to hide the sadness and loneliness i loathe,
Covering my sadness like sand in an hourglass.

Taking a step forward at the end of this bridge,
The pathment in front of me diverge in two,
Shall i forever bury our memories for keeps,
or turning back to where my heart really belongs to.


-adamkuek- 29th November 2007

No comments: