Wednesday, November 21, 2007

On a rainy december night

It's sad to think you'll never be mine, it's even sadder to realize I knew it all the time-


Walking alone in this rainy december night,
With nothing but fragments of you in my mind,
The reflection on the windows is in sight,
Telling a story longer than time,
Why are you in my mind but not by my side.

Clasping my hands together for warmth,
Wishing the other palm belongs to yours,
Only to realized we are just a part of a sad song,
So unforgettable but yet without remorse,
why have i walk through this all alone.

Pausing for a deep breath beneath this oak tree,
Remembering the moments we took shelther from the rainy days,
Smiling to myself at the thoughts of it,
Whispering to myself, the most beautiful thing wasn't the rainy day,
but the leaves that we once took shelter under from it.

Raindrops rubbing against my shoulders in this lonely night,
Replacing the tears you once dropped on my shoulders,
The lights of the streets went out as it reaches midnight,
The memory of your candlelit eyes slowly fades away in tears,
Drowning out the laughters we shared as it reaches its tide.

Looking across the street in this rainy night,
My blurry eyes played a fool with me,
A picture of you and me, dancing slowly through the night,
Where happy moments once dwelled here with me,
Are now replaced with your new found memories.

Walking away from this rainy december night,
The trickle of raindrops from this oak tree behind me,
Gently crying on behalf of me before it passes midnight,
Stopping me from turning back on loneliness that awaits me,
As the raindrops hides & washes away my tears ...
from the promises i made to the oak tree.


adamkuek 22-11-2007

No comments: