Wednesday, November 21, 2007

A night in February

I wrote this as soon as you came back. Do you still remember the messages you forced me to keep?


A night in February:


Below the twinkling stars above,
on a lonely February night,
Standing at the veranda overlooking the calm sea,
We made a wish each,
to be each other's unforgettable gaze.

In this chilly February night,
Standing within this candle lights,
You showed me the evening glow i yearned all my life,
I found it by my side,
But it's a distance away from me.

Standing close to you in this February night,
I heard the tunes of anticipation,
Whispering to myself,
Have i finally met the song of my life.

Between the candlelights in this February night,
A shooting star flies past,
Reminding me of the promises we made,
Which saddens me quietly to see you missing it,
With tears dripping as you close your eyes.

Your tears turned into crystals under this February night,
Shattering into pieces the moment it reaches my palm,
Melting my heart in an instance,
I realized in you, i never could be,
The falling petals in your eyes.

In this february night,
Should i blame the wind for the falling petals,
or being the only one which doesn't fall,
That you walked pass by?



-adamkuek- 21st November 2007

No comments: