Sunday, November 25, 2007

The raindrop that waited

People don’t change -- you just never knew who they really were.


On a rainy day like this,
with a pen and a paper and a sad song,
Scribbling my feelings into a worn out piece,
The pain inside rather left unshown.

Raindrops flowing down the window,
Revealing the feelings of the person in it's reflection,
The smiles of his slightly shows,
Knowing you ,his heart waits, cannot be yearn.

The sound of raindrops beating from the distance,
Bringing back the memories we had,
I asked myself, shall i still wait,
Covering my ears, am i cheating my conscience.

The world stopped at this very moment,
For once, i am set free from this burden,
But every quietness that surrounds me,
Reveals the truth of my feelings through my heartbeat.

Have you leave your past behind,
Or are you ( like me ) still waiting for a sign,
The raindrops ceases to flow down this time,
Could this be the only sign, in your mind,

Or could my eyes be playing a lie so cruel,
Could time ONLY stood still when your ears are covered too?


-adamkuek- 26th Nov 2007

No comments: