Sunday, November 18, 2007

Promises of 99

I wrote this thinking about the promises you made and i still am wondering where are you now..



Dandelions sway with the breeze,
One flew past as i took a step back,
Within the hazy distance , its you i see,
Your smile blurred my vision as raindrops drizzled along the corridor.

Many years had passed,
I stood at the same place we first met,
Dry leaves scattered along the corridor,
What was once where i grasp your palm,
Is filled with dried petals which falls from above.

Wishing the stars we folded to appear,
Is it because we were too naive with ourselve,
Has time blanketed our promises with dust,
or have I arrived a drop of tears too late.

The sunsets reminds me through this window pane,
of the time you walked pass with tears in your eyes,
I ran towards you , as my heart stopped.
Only to realized my memories were yet to be buried by time.

I sense your presence , did you stopped by.
Our promises , holding it through the years,
Have you saw me in your memories, or
have you felt it in time?

Was it your smile i saw as i turn my back on this corridor,
To look back i had wished to,
but only sadness is what i had to endure,
if it's only my heart playing a fool with me.

The east wind breezes past as i reached the very end of the pathment,
Your whispers i heard through the bells from above,
I reached for the folded star that dropped onto my path ,
To realized the only star you hid from me all this while,
was your sadness behind your words,
as it's blurred with your tears......

you arrived a year earlier to meet our promise.
holding it through til the very end,
I wasn't late, it's that fate weren't meant for us,
or me in this lifetime.

No comments: