Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Zong Zi by Charmaine

















"Duan Wu"or "The Dragon Boat" festival has long passed, yet i still am receiving food delights like theres no tomorrow. This time around , it's a whole bag of rice dumpling ( Zong Zi ) made with care and love by one of my friend's mum. I have a feeling she likes me, as in a lot. And i meant her mum.

















Good things always happens to good people and in this case, i am referring to myself. Zong Zi which i had earlier referred it as rice dumpling is a traditional chinese food made from glutinous rice stuffed with all sorts of fillings and wrapped in bamboo leaves. They are normally cooked by steaming or even boiled.

















I had the opportunity to try one of my friend's mum's specialty. My friend told me that her mum spend the whole night preparing it for me. I on the other hand scolded her for not helping her mum because to me , Zong Zi making is a traditionally family event with EVERYONE helping out, but that is less common now due to the fact that girls nowadays tend to work their hands on my body appendages than on some glutinous rice. LOL.

















Ok, enough with all the nonsense. This particular Zong Zi tasted the best among the others. It's fillings are loaded with Char Siew @ Chinese Barbecue Pork , Chinese Black Mushrooms, Chestnuts and Dried Shrimps. My parents gave it 101% out of 100%. It seriously was that good.

















A close up picture of the rather dark coloured Zong Zi. It takes a long time when it comes to preparing a Zong Zi which is fit for a king. I might never know the actual reason why her mum gave me so much of it the other day, neither will i know what secret recipes did she put inside that made it the best glutinous rice i've ever tasted. But one thing for sure, it made me all full after having half the bite size of it. Thank you Charmaine for your wonderful Zong Zi..... :)

No comments: