Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Angku Kueh @ Office

















If i had to be really honest with you, i am not a big fan of this little cake famously dubbed the "Angku Kueh" . But still, i do had to thank one of the ladies from office who ran all the way from her table to mine just to see me fill my stomach with it. I am sure many of the local folks are well aware of it's existence since it's very common among the chinese folks.

















" Angku Kueh " is shaped exactly like a turtle's back as it signifies longevity, and the dough of the red turtle cake is dyed red for good luck. It also comes in green colour too. This cake is made of glutinous rice and flour with either bean paste or peanut fillings in it. Somehow i find it quite good, and most importantly it's fragrant. It's best served with a hot cup of tea in the afternoon. :)

3 comments:

ANGEL_LINA said...

:-) I'm hungry liaw

ANGEL_LINA said...

:-) I'm hungry liaw

adamkuek said...

angelina: me too. isnt it tempting? ( pun intended )lol.