Sunday, August 24, 2008

The Rose in Gold

If you were to ask me how i felt for you, then this should be it.


It's undeniable that time is passing us by,
Without realizing that, will you see me as a fool?
It's conceivable the reason you cried,
Cause after all these years, friends are only where we stood.

Wishes of us were left unheard over the years,
You left me wondering will this wait be able to hold,
Forgive me, of all things , you were the one i feared,
Please stop my mind from potraying you as the rose in gold.

In this silence , i thanked God for letting me met,
Someone i never could have,
But it's not about what would or should have been,
But as an excuse for me to exist it seems.

Like a shadow that follows you through the years,
As part of your life, noticing me you sadly can't,
When your radiance shines and unfolds in others,
Mine doesn't seem to matter, when i have none.

A love that blossoms inside an empty jar,
Never being able to reach out for your soul,
We have been so near yet so far,
From here, you'll forever be the rose in gold.


-adamkuek- 25-08-08

3 comments:

Utterly Frustrated said...

wow mr kuek!
besides being someone who sells candy for a living, i never knew you had the knack for being such a poet as well!

your poems touching sial!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

yes... i still sell candies. btw, just to clear things up, i am not sad.