Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Fragrant Pastry & Little Tortoise from Christina
















Ladies, apologies as i've been away for quite some time. Do not ask me where. There's so much things to do as of late that i couldn't even find few decent hours to attend to your needs. Anyway, few days ago, i saw a small golden wrapped packet on my table. It was given by one of my female colleague right after she came back from holidays.
















I bet most local folks do actually have a slight idea on what this tiny packet of pastry is all about. But for those who don't, "Heong Peah" is also commonly known as 香饼 .
















Which could be easily translated into fragrant pastries. I notice this particular pastry is made famous in Teluk Intan. Yes, yes, stop the clapping.
















This pastry resembles a flattened ball which contains sweet sticky fillings made from malt and shallot which is then covered by a flaky baked crust and at certain times, garnished with sesame seeds on the surface. I chose the one with the smooth surface just because it reminds me of my preferred choice when it comes to the opposite sex.
















True to it's name, it certainly is sweet and fragrant as well once i took a bite. Normally i don't enjoy pastries but then again, i have too take an exception for this just because it was given by a girl and i just could not say no to her, for some obvious reason of cause.
















Not to disappoint me with a packet of fragrant pastry, i also did received a palm size tortoise figure from my colleague, Christina. How thoughtful of her for thinking of me as a tortoise.
















She must had trouble looking around for gifts for me until she came to the conclusion that this tortoise key chain would do just fine. Even the "Take the souvenirs with you!"tagline justify the reason she took it back just for me.
















I won't be hanging this tiny creature with my keys just in case i would give an impression to the other ladies that i am still REALLY into this sort of things. But i will somehow give it to some lady who deserves it more than i do. Nevertheless, just to be fair, it's a hit among the ladies. They all swoon over it than over me the first night i brought it out. Thanks christina for the ..... gifts.

2 comments:

BaBy JeE said...

Eeeeeeeeeeee yer!! how come you didn't give it to me?!??!!?!?!

adamkuek said...

babyjee: cause u didnt ask for it. :P