Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Island ( Ai Ren ) Garden Food & Cafe

















Island Garden Food & Cafe has a rather unique name to it. This open air eating establishment is actually called LOVER if you pronounce it in mandarin base on it's chinese characters. It's in Labuan and the food ain't great and i am writing about it just because it has a weird name.

















This is Desmond Ling, my colleague. He insisted on having breakfast here. Which also means he is to be blame if i ain't satisfied with the food.

















Island ( Ai Ren - Lovers ) serves no pork. lol. I think that's why the food didn't tasted that good after all.

















All sorts of food on display. I swear the brinjals were as big as *ehem* *cough* your handphone.

















This is the waitress. She prefers me to call her Ah Moi instead of Miss. I bet she's from the Phillippines as she had that tagalog accent, not that i can differentiate.

















I ordered a plate of their FAMOUS fried kueh tiaw with BIG prawns. The BIG prawns turn out to be the usual 2" dia prawns we have in town ler.

















Don't let the looks deceive you. It's not good at all and my gf could do a better job than the cook herself. I ate half a plate of it and began puking all over the floor. Well, i guess i went too far, but honestly, i'll give this a consolation D!!!!!



PS: My gf does not know how to cook.

No comments: