Monday, February 26, 2007

Sabah Hawker Point

















It has been quite a while since i write something about an eating establishment. So , this is called the SABAH HAWKER POINT. Situated opposite Centrepoint ( old GCM football field ) facing the river , this place was once my favourite football field but it now has become a place for greedy fat pigs to satisfy their palate. Ya, i still am disappointed about losing my favourite ground.

















I wouldn't be hanging around there if it wasn't for Patrick's non-stop persuasion about having breakfast with his love bud colleagues.

















This is how the Sabah Hawker Point looks like from the .... outside. I didn't bother walking around as there aren't many pretty hot chicks.

















After browsing through the sabahan food menu, i eventually got myself a bowl of Fish Mee Hoon with salted vege. It's my favourite dish whenever i am in Labuan so i guess, if it's coming from Sabah, it must be hell of a food.

















It has fish balls, fish meat, sabah tomatoes, spring onions, plum , salted veges and oh ya.. my favourite... TOFUS!

















The good thing about this dish is the mee hoon. It's not as big ( if that's what you wanna call it ), the ones in town and my mum would really like it. The bad thing about this dish is actually ... the whole bowl. Something is very wrong. It's toooooooo sour and i just can't feel the sabahan-ness in it. It feels too Mirian. Ok, i admit, the chef preparing the food is a mirian and mirian are not well known for coming out with tasty fish mee hoon. Thats a fact.

















I soon got fed up with the mee hoon that i decided to leave it and opted for the much interesting Roti Tissue which cost me RM 2.00. I bet this is the only place in Miri which serves such Roti. Shaped like a con, one has to actually peel the whole thing apart and it tasted sweet. Much to my...surprise. I thought it tasted salty due to the fact that it was prepared with some guy's bare hands.





















I bet that Sabah Hawker Point has more to offer if not only for it's fish mee hoon. I'll go down again some other time for my next evaluation and i hope they won't disappoint me ( again ).

No comments: