Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The Day You Left

The day you left


The playground where we used to be,
Are now covered by trees,
I came to realized it,
Walking by that very bench you left me.

I must admit at times, I miss you smile,
Wondering how have you been all these while,
Breaking a smile reminiscing the times we had,
Maybe i'll live my life doing this than by being sad.

How it amazes me the colours of the bench we sat never fade,
Whereas everything around changes after the thousand drops of tears you shed,
Remember you said you would give me forever,
Was it happiness or rather remembrance that's eternal?

Maybe i was a second too late to understand,
How your feelings started to wane nearing the end,
Or a second too fast to believe,
It was just a brisk infatuation rather than a lingering adoration.

Sorry if i never could change a wilted leaf back to how it was,
Like how i never could trade my sadness for your happiness,
But if you really have to leave, forever remember me,
And if it makes you sad, please wipe me away from your memories,
The way you wipe away your tears,
The day you left me.


09-06-2008

No comments: