Sunday, December 20, 2009

Happy 26th Birthday Myself !!!

It’s official as of today, I am 26.

Happy Birthday to me.

This year’s celebration has been toned down DRASTICALLY compared to the last few years.

The birthday well wishes have not even reach double figures yet and it’s already reaching lunch time. How disappointing. (shakes head)

Maybe I could take solace from the fact that my friend’s are unable to reach me because i’ve changed my phone numbers quite frequently.

Nonetheless I did received birthday presents and a few additional wedding invitation from my ex classmates and I thought I was the one who should be receiving gifts during my birthday rather than giving out?

To top it off, 1 of my friend whom we have lost contact light years ago seems to remember me the very moment he sat down contemplating who to fill in the leftover seats. How considerate..

Well, I really missed the good ol’ times where excitement filled the air, laughters and cheers came in abundance during my birthday bash the past few years.

Alcoholic beverages were in full flow, X chromosomes were gyrating along the beat, Confettis were thrown from left to right. Firecrackers, Pool parties, Bikinis, Ky jellies ( cough ) and all that. Dang! But that’s the past.

Anyways let bygones be bygones. So, I am hoping to have a rather memorable 2010 rather than another lackluster 2009. Fingers crossed.

This year is worth remembering for all the wrong reasons. Of course, there were a few good ones to be fair. I learnt a lot as a person and I feel that there’s always room for improvement in myself.

I wish everyone a happy new year ( just in case I didn’t get to update my blog on time ). And of course a short note - spend it with your love ones. J

No comments: